Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
Lowe’s has been helping customers improve the places they call home for more than 60 years.
Founded in 1946 and traded on the New York Stock Exchange since 1961, Lowe’s (LOW) has grown from a small hardware store to a total home improvement company providing customers inspiration and support whenever and wherever they shop. Whether our customers shop in store, online, by phone, or if we’re meeting them at their home or place of business, Lowe’s is ready to help.
Lowe’s retail customers include individual homeowners and renters who complete a wide array of projects from do-it-yourself (DIY) to do-it-for-me (DIFM). Lowe’s professional customers represent more than 30 percent of total sales and consist of two broad categories; construction and trade, and maintenance, repair and operations.
Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. From the company’s signature education grant program, Lowe’s Toolbox for Education®, to Lowe’s Heroes projects supported by employee volunteers in their local communities, and the Lowe’s Charitable and Educational Foundation, Lowe’s has donated hundreds of millions of dollars and countless volunteer hours to improve communities in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Lowe’s is a Fortune® 100 company headquartered in Mooresville, N.C. In 2013, company revenues totaled $53.4 billion.
- Operates 1,835 home improvement and hardware stores across North America, including more than 70 Orchard Supply Hardware stores
- Approximately 15 million retail and professional customers served each week
- Approximately 260,000 full- and part-time employees
- Stores average 145,000 square feet of retail and outdoor selling space
- Lowe’s extensive supply chain network features more than 30 highly automated centers designed to efficiently transport three-fourths of stock merchandise
- A typical Lowe’s store stocks 40,000 items, including 10 private brands such as allen + roth, Kobalt and Utilitech
- Lowe’s offers more than 50 interior and exterior installation services, such as appliances, flooring and blinds; and extended protection plans, repair services, and credit financing
- In 2011, Lowe’s introduced MyLowe’s, an online tool to help customers track past purchases to simplify managing, maintaining and improving homes